Heresies are uncomfortable truths. For falsehoods, see sophistries.
- Case insensitive filesystems are a mistake. Case sensitive filesystems are a mistake. Filesystems should have non-deterministic handling of case-sensitivity.
MM/DD/YYYYis a reasonable human readable date format.
- Strongly typed/weakly typed are meaningful terms.
- Function scope is neither better nor worse than block scope.
- Meaningful variable names are a work-around for the damage of large methods and imperative programming.
- Every language grows until it supports multiple inheritance—whether it uses the term multiple inheritance or not.
- An advantage of composition over inheritance is that composition allows multiple inheritance without language support.
- "Dumb users" clicking on things they "shouldn't" are the only way we'll get the secure systems we deserve. Heighten the contradictions!