Sophistries are false, but fun. For true but controversial statements, see heresies.
- Shared mutable state reduces coupling as every component may make the changes it needs without requiring updates to other components.
- Unpaid open source labor is exploitative and serves the economic interests of billionaires. Bombarding maintainers with entitled demands that make them quit is a form of active protest.
- Static initializers and coupling are good, because they offer high test coverage with few lines of code.
- Coupling should be encouraged, as uncoupled classes are at a higher risk of inconsistency.
- The equivalence of Turing complete languages implies that syntax is the only meaningful feature of programming languages.
- You should store passwords in plain text and tell the world to discourage users from reusing passwords.